The butcher's shop in Bar Lane 1959 (Stapleford Collection)
The Tree in Bar Lane around 1950 (Stapleford Collection)
Shelford Building Supplies 1954 (Stapleford Collection)
The Rose around 1960 (Stapleford Collection)
Magpie Garage 1929
The old vicarage 1904
Alick Smith's shop, Bar Lane, 1932
Stapleford Post Office around 1912 (Mary King collection)





Circa 1951

Church Street, Stapleford
Old post office, London Road, Stapleford


Mingle Lane, Stapleford in the 1960s

Church Street, Stapleford.
Stapleford School

Stapleford Windmill in 1932
Church Street, Stapleford
London Road, Stapleford

Old post office, London Road, Stapleford
The rec in the 1960s
Photo; Shaun Levitt of B 17 Flying Fortress bombers over Stapleford in 1944.
Stapleford school



London Road, Stapleford
"The village pump at Stapleford, just a short bicycle ride for Ted Mott 
to capture another charming scene. (He lived in Great Shelford). 
Such pumps were a meeting place for the village community. 
Three of the children have hoops - two are former bicycle tyres 
and one is made of iron. The hoops, like the village pumps, are 
 thing of the past." The Villages of Old Cambridgeshire - a portrait
 in photographs and old picture postcards by Michael Rouse/ Cambridgeshire Collection.
Mingle Lane C 1941

Pictures of the gelatine works at the river end of Granta Terrace from the 1930s. The site straddled the parish boundaries, but actually most of these are on the Shelford side. Photos ; Helen Harwood.




 Dolphin Way, Stapleford

Stapleford windmill.

The old Vicarage which was burnt out by a plane which crashed in September 1942.

Bar one, Stapleford


Houses on Haverhill Road, some of which are now demolished.

Bar Lane showing the old forge and Mr Lister's butchers shop.

Stapleford School

J.R.White with their shop at the corner of Church Street in the 1920s

The former Stapleford brewery which was demolished around 1965

The former Stapleford brewery which was demolished around 1965

Soldiers and medical staff at Mount Blow on Haverhill Road, Stapleford during World War One. The building is now known as Middlefield 
Starred grade II listed building. Designed in 1908 by Sir Edwin Lutyens for Henry Bond of Trinity Hall, a Lecturer in Law. The house was later called Mount Blow, but has now reverted to its original name. Associated with Middlefield, though not listed buildings, are Middlefield Lodge, now called The House on the Hill, Middlefield Cottage and Keeper’s Cottage, all of them probably designed in Lutyens’ workshop.

Soldiers and medical staff at Mount Blow on Haverhill Road, Stapleford during World War One. The building is now known as Middlefield 

Soldiers and medical staff at Mount Blow on Haverhill Road, Stapleford during World War One. The building is now known as Middlefield 

Soldiers and medical staff at Mount Blow on Haverhill Road, Stapleford during World War One. The building is now known as Middlefield 

Soldiers and medical staff at Mount Blow on Haverhill Road, Stapleford during World War One. The building is now known as Middlefield 
Other Francis Frith photos of Stapleford in the 1960s
Great Shelford old photos and postcards
Little Shelford old photos and postcards
 


 

Family trees

http://www.newtons-online.net/getperson.php?personID=I1741&tree=OurGenealogy

http://www.newtons-online.net/getperson.php?personID=I1741&tree=OurGenealogy